Sunday, October 26, 2008

adventure

So I went to check out Cottonwood Canyon on my bike
The road was "challenging" to get there



There were aspens with bear claw marks on them

cool roads to travel- no one else around




then I went down this (it is worse than it looks- lots of rocks for a road):


And then I saw this:

but I kept hear something funny- like loud banging- and I couldn't figure it out. But then I stopped and looked over the bike and found something missing

(it is the botom bolt for the sub frame- hello)

and on the other side too- this is no good. And so I made a call for rescue and thought of how to ride out on my own power. I improvised with some foot peg bolts that i didn't need (but didn't fit right but were "close") and some duct tape and tie ties- all the best mickey mouse fixing i could make. Terri & Dan were just champion too- racing out to find me!


I rode out. and the repair held but it ended what would have been a much more enjoyable ride back home. Terri and Dan helped me load up and ride the bike back in the truck.

1 comment:

James Walker said...

black bears or brown bears?